Whether the weather be cold, Whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather whether we like it or not.


Friday, September 18, 2009

Master Bathroom

Before:
After:

I think this is the most satisfying makeover I've done in our home so far. The top pictures were taken before the cleaners came and we moved in. It was a mess with the former owner's things just left in place. I love my refinished cabinets!! I used liquid sandpaper to "rough up" the old finish, maroon paint base, brushed on a black water base wood stain to make it look like wood grain, then finished with a coat of satin polycrylic. I love it!! The natural oak look just didn't go with the avocado green paint and I really like the dark cappuccino look. It was very inexpensive. Obviously the light fixtures don't work either. I used brown then just a tiny bit of black spray paint on one of the rings on the left to look like oil rubbed bronze. I'm scared of messing with electricity so I haven't disconnected the rest of the fixture yet to paint it. I also want to trim the mirror with a thick wood frame painted to match the cabinets. Someday. Of course it would look better to have professionals come in but we don't want to pay them and this is much funner! :)

5 comments:

kstrack said...

Awesome! you inspire me!

Nick and Brittany said...

Uhm...HELLO! That looks like a professional did it! Can I hire you to do our house? I am SO impressed!!!

Emily Hamilton said...

Wow! That looks awesome! Want to come do a makeover on my house? :)

Angela said...

Very nice!

Lana Hardy said...

What a awesome make over. You should go into the "Interior Design" business.

One of these days... I would love to come over and visit. I don't live that far away from you. I can't believe I have a cousin this close to me and I still haven't seen you in YEARS!!