Whether the weather be cold, Whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather whether we like it or not.


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Nora

What a wild fire Nora is! She is loud, fun and crazy......at home that is. At preschool and church she is silent, only responding with one whispered word when asked a question. Her teacher and speech therapist think she has what's called selective mutism, a severe anxiety disorder. She is starting to show increased anxiety at school and tears stream down her face randomly. The school nurse and school counselor have both called me with concern. They have given me a list of phone numbers to call for counseling, testing, and therapy. We received genetic counseling before Nora was born because she is a Fragile X carrier and we've known all along that there could be problems, but I didn't expect there to be any. So, here we go again. I feel like I'm reliving my terrifying experiences with Rachael all over again and I'm afraid of the outcome. I don't know if I am strong enough to have two special needs children.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

6 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

Kelli, you're amazing! I really admire you. You are such a great mom and you have darling kiddos. We will pray for you guys and the best result with all the testing. Thinking about you.

Nick and Brittany said...

You are such a strong and beautiful woman! If anyone can do it, you can! I'll be thinking about you. Let me know if I can help. xoxo

Grandma Wendy said...

Get your own mental health well, I know you are strong, you need to believe in yourself more and live closer to your parents!!!

Unknown said...

Kelli, my heart aches for you! It's so hard to have a child with special needs! My oldest is Type 1 Diabetic and I wonder about the behavior of another child of mine that's always angry. I remember when our son was diagnosed thinking I could not handle it. I think many prayers were said in our behalf to get through what we have. Good luck, you're a wonderful mom and I hope you'll receive the strength you need through all this.

Picture Perfect said...

Sorry Kelli, that last comment was from me signed in under my husbands account!

Angela said...

I love you Kelli. My prayers are with you.