Whether the weather be cold, Whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather whether we like it or not.


Thursday, September 4, 2008

Self Portrait


Rachael brought art work home from her first day in the 2nd grade. After she told me it was a picture of herself, I asked what the lines were all over. "Marker" she said.


Can you see the similarities?


This next one was obvious. A bumble bee on a flower right?



"No, mom. It's a ga-woon (we're still working on balloon) with a baby in it."
Of course!

I'm thrilled with the progress Rachael is making. I have to admit I'm a pretty proud mom.
In the words of my license plate holder:
MY SPECIAL ED KID IS CUTER THAN YOUR HONOR STUDENT

9 comments:

April said...

Yes she is. School teaches us alot about how their brains work. Pictures, writing assignments, or the stories they tell are all really ways our kids are teaching us.

Grandma Wendy said...

Her drawings are incrediable!!! What progress, I am so impressed. Tell Rachael I love her pictures!!!

Squirrel said...

I love reading about your adventures in parenting. This artwork definately makes for a high! Wendy tells me the closing on your house has been delayed. How frustrating! Your kids are wonderful. Give them a hug from me. I hear Rachael has another good teacher this year.

Emily Hamilton said...

What a cute girl!! You have such a great little family!

Karen C said...

What a cute picture of Rachael with her backpack. You are an amazing mom!!!! Tell Rachael we love her artwork.... even when it's on her. haha

Steph said...

Hey Kelli! Thanks for the comment on my blog so I could find yours! I love the updates. Oh and by the way Jeffery is now in our Bishopric, not my co-teacher!! I wish I still taught with him too because right now I do not have a partner in crime!

ellen said...

Racael is darling and a great little artist, too!

Zelda Tinger said...

That is so cute Rachael drew a picture of herself with marker... I can tell she's a creative thinker which are much needed in world. See you tomarrow for your haircut

Joanna said...

I WANT THAT LICENSE PLATE HOLDER!!!!! ;)