Whether the weather be cold, Whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather whether we like it or not.


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Pink Dresser

To celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary, Brian, the kids and I made a very short trip to Salt Lake.

While we were there, my mom took Rachael and me to visit her father's sister, Aunt Ellie, and the famous pink dresser. The Pink Dresser story was in the December 2009 issue of the "Friend" magazine and was also published many years ago by my grandfather. I loved hearing Aunt Ellie tell the history (and travels) of the once "twin" dresser and share sweet memories of her childhood. She asked us to sign our names in the dresser drawers, which are now full of autographs by daughters, granddaughters, great-granddaughters, and great-great-granddaughters of my great-grandfather, who with this one particular act of charity, left a legacy of love and compassion to be passed on for many more generations to come.



Note: In the article above, the old photo in the drawer is my great-grandmother, Rachel (Rae). I am so thankful to have her name (Kelli Rae) and her bedroom set, which my Rachael now uses.

3 comments:

Picture Perfect said...

That is such a cute story! What a special thing that is.

Grandma Wendy said...

That was a wonderful memoriable day!

Emily Hamilton said...

Thanks for sharing this! That is so great you got to visit with Aunt Ellie and see the famous dresser. :) I love Rachael's room! So cute.