Whether the weather be cold, Whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather whether we like it or not.


Friday, August 8, 2008

Pioneer Day

I was thrilled to hear that Green Valley has an annual tri-stake pioneer parade and festival the Saturday before the 24th of July. The kids and I participated in the parade. Brody rode on the float but Rachael insisted on pushing Nora in her stroller the whole way. It was so much fun and brought back so many fond memories of my beloved Draper Days. We used Grandpa W's old chicken nests for the primary kids to sit on. They looked and worked perfect. Rachael and Nora wore dresses that mom made for Kathy and me when we were about the same age. The kids threw candy from the float and Rachael picked it back up as we followed behind. It was hot but so much fun!!! Our fun neighbors, the Lotts, have two Great Harvest Bread stores here in Henderson and walked behind the ward float. We ended the parade at a park where local LDS merchants set up booths with pioneer crafts and activities. The fire department sprayed a hose on the scorched crowd to keep us all from heat exhaustion. I'm thrilled that our pioneer heritage is not forgotten here in "sin city".



























4 comments:

Aimee's Awesome Life said...

Kelly u Rock Pioneerstyle!!!!The pictures r so cool!! Your Blog is Great!! Keep it up! Love Aimee'

ellen said...

Kelli, I love your blog and pictures. Sounds like you have done some great pioneer celebrating. My blog is Raspberry Cottage.blogspot.com I need to put some new pictures on, but I'd love you to stop by for a visit. Sue also has a blog which you can get from my blogspot.

It was great seeing you and your darling family on the 24th.
Love,
ellen

Squirrel said...

What a fun time you had for Pioneer Day! Your mom says she is coming to get the kids, so you can pack up for the move. Good luck.

Love, Aunt Sue

kstrack said...

I am so glad you commented on my blog so I could find yours! I haven't thought about the fun we used to have every year at Draper Days! Ah to go back and enjoy those days again!